Bring out the creative side of you by learning a new craft.
About The Glass Center
The Glass Center is an organization committed to bringing affordable, high quality education about glass to people in southern Florida. It is open to any and all who have an interest in hot glass, regardless of age or experience.
TGC was founded in 2011 by Callie E. Spencer. After earning her Masters of Fine Arts in Glass in 2009, she moved back to her hometown of Bloomington to become a full time artist. At the first Great Glass Pumpkin Patch in 2010, in which all the pumpkins were made by Callie as a personal fundraiser, she was overwhelmed by the number of people clamoring to learn glass blowing. Soon after she began teaching classes, and in 2012 TGC was incorporated as a nonprofit educational arts center.
What started out as a side project for Callie has turned into a growing and thriving non-profit. In the past years we have:
- Taught the basics of glassblowing to over 150 people
- Trained 25 advanced glass blowers
- Performed library/school workshops for 800 elementary school students
- Made glass fusing activities available to children as young as five
- Partnered with 6 classes and 70 students at IU
- Made and sold more than 5500 glass pumpkins
The Glass Center Camp Registration: Have a heART July 6-10
The Glass Center
Offices: 12226 Panama City Beach Pkwy Panama City Beach, FL 32407